ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Adult 18+ Coed Tuesdays.....Minimum Intermediate w/Advanced Mixed
Adult 18+ Coed Thursdays.... Minimum Intermediate w/Advanced Mixed
Year-round play....7:00-10:00 PM at McFaul Activity Center Gym, Bel Air
ALL players must be registered, no drop-ins.
Chairperson: Trina Smith...email@example.com
Please contact Trina with questions or inquiries.
Cancellations: Pre-designated holiday closings...announced via email
Weather Policy: We do NOT follow school closings. We DO follow Harford County GOVERNMENT closings.
NO BALL when MD Snow Emergency Plan is in effect. Chair will usually email by 4:30 pm any closing decisions.
IMPORTANT!!!! Safety for all players is a priority! REQUIRED Level of Play: Both nights are for a MINIMUM of intermediate to advanced players. Players must possess vball skills WITH FORMAL PRIOR PLAYING EXPERIENCE (Varsity HS, Club, USA, Adult USA league). All players are expected to maintain control of the ball AND themselves, play positions correctly and have a positive team attitude on the court. This program is not a beginner program, not a backyard style program nor a teaching program.
BARC General Play Guidelines:
• Random 6 member teams with 1 rotator as necessary
• Bump, set, spike play - Strive for three hits consistently
• ALL blocking/net actions must be clean to prevent injury
• Middle front is setter, unless help is called
• Middle rear plays back after serve
• Players are responsible for calling illegal hits (prolonged contacts, doubles), net calls & breaking net plane
We play by the HONOR system, you do it, you call it.
• Forced doubles are allowed on 1st hits, hard serves or spikes, blatant doubles must be called
• Ceiling is playable unless ball crosses the net plane
• Return of serve must be bumped, hit OR set cleanly (call illegal hits)
• If there is a dispute, replays are the best policy
Remember!!! Our goal is to achieve a consistent level of quality,
Competitive ball. But, most of all, HAVE Fun!!!!